- my great-great-grandfather, George Geake
, died at the age of 66 and probate was granted to his daughter, Maria, on 14 January 1904. He left £18 12s. 7d.
- John Fryer & Sarah Watkins
were married in St Mary the Virgin's Church, Arlingham, Gloucestershire, 167 years ago.
- it was a war-time wedding when my great-grandparents, Henry James Weaver & Florence Smale
, married at St Andrew's Church, Curry Rivel, Somerset. The couple had very little time together as Henry was killed in the war less than a year later.
Henry J Weaver & Florence Smale.
Possibly a wedding photograph.
- Henry Weaver's sister, Annie Arnold Weaver
, was born in Curry Rivel, Somerset.
- 114 years ago, Percy Smale
, was born in Tavistock, Devon.
- Percy's mother, my great-great-grandmother, Grace Martin
, was born in the village of Bradford in North Devon.
- another great-great-grandmother of mine, Mary Ann Ashby
, was born in Hadstock in Essex.
- 10 year old Thomas Dando
died and was buried in the Cemetery at Rodborough Tabernacle near Stroud, Gloucestershire.
- my great-uncle, Alfred Joseph Hibbitt
, was born in Portsea Island, Hampshire, 116 years ago.
- John Ball
died at the age of 59 and was buried in St Briavels Churchyard, Gloucestershire, a few days later.
- my 4 x great-grandparents, Luke Hibbitt & Mary Leerin/Leeson
(the surname is ambiguous), were married in St Peter & St Paul's Church, Exton, Rutland, 221 years ago.
- my 4 x great-grandfather, Joseph Dando
, was born in Bristol. He was the eldest son of Joseph Dando, the elder, and Ann, nee Murch.
- Arthur Leslie James Fryer
died at the age of 66 and was buried in Chepstow Municipal Cemetery.
[Note: All content on the Hibbitt Family History website and blog is copyrighted. Click here for conditions of use.]