- it's the anniversary of my grandpa's birthday. Born at Soldier's Point, Dundalk, Ireland, Charles George Hibbitt
would have been 113 years old on 1st December.
- Richard King
, the youngest son of my 8 x great-grandparents, Thomas & Margaret King, died in Fretherne, Gloucestershire, and was buried there a few days later.
- Sarah didn't need to change her surname when John Rowlandson & Sarah Rowlandson
were married at Hadstock, Essex, 198 years ago.
- Henry Lane & Hannah Young
were married at Aston Ingham, Herefordshire.
- Emily Jane Weaver
, eldest daughter of my great-great-grandparents, was born in Curry Rivel, Somerset.
- my 5 x great-grandmother, Ann Dando (nee Brothers)
, died at the age of 54 and was buried at Rodborough Tabernacle near Stroud, Gloucestershire.
- 163 years ago, my 5 x great-grandfather, William Henry Weaver
(known as Henry or Harry), was born illegitimately in Curry Rivel, Somerset.
- my 3 x great-grandparents, William Smale & Mary Jane Moore
, celebrated their marriage at St Mary's Church, Black Torrington, Devon.
- Nathaniel Dando, the younger, & Rosa Ann Dingle
tied the knot at Christ Church, Turnham Green, Middlesex. Nathaniel, a warehouseman, had previously been widowed.
- just before the turn of the century, Thomas Sargent
, died, aged 75, and his headstone can be seen at Chepstow Municipal Cemetery, Chepstow, Monmouthshire.
- my great-great-grandparents, Charles Newbold Hibbitt & Mary Ann Pitcher
, were married at St John Baptist Church, Claines, Worcestershire. Their original marriage certificate has been handed down and is the oldest original document I have in my possession.
1862 Marriage Certificate for Charles N Hibbitt & Mary A Pitcher
Click the image to see a larger version.
[Note: All content on the Hibbitt Family History website and blog is copyrighted. Click here for conditions of use.]