Site Updates - Surnames: Geake, Dinner, Arscott, Pengelly, Walters, Dearing, Ball, Edwards, Sillick, Hellier, Gale, Hibbitt, Pitcher, Newbold, Day
Hibbitt Family Tree section
The Church at Peter Tavy
- Added more notes for my 3 x great-grandfather, Robert Geake (b abt 1797) and added the surname and details of his wife, Jane Dinner. Also added a photo on their family page of a road sign showing Wapsworthy and Cudlipptown, places near Peter Tavy where they lived. Also added a few more children of Robert and Jane Geake together with baptism facts and notes.
- Added Robert Geake's parents, my 4 x great-grandparents, Robert Geake (b abt 1769) and Mary Arscott, with notes, plus a photograph of Wapsworthy on their family page.
- Also added Robert & Mary Geake's other children with notes including Walter and wife Maria with facts, notes and photos of their headstone, Grace who married John Pengelly, and George and wife, Grace nee Walters, with photos of their headstone.
- Placed a photo of a view from Wapsworthy on the family page of my 2 x great-grandparents, George Geake and wife, Maria (nee Dearing).
- Added baptism details for Israel Edward Ball.
- Added Israel's parents, William Ball and Maria Edwards. (Maria Dearing was born before her parents, Israel Ball and Ann Dearing, married. It is therefore, uncertain whether Israel Ball was Maria's father or step-father. However, there is a possibility that the young Maria was Israel's child, who might have been named after his own mother, Maria nee Edwards.)
- Added the surname of my 3 x great-grandmother, Sarah Sillick, and her marriage details to William Hellier.
- Discovered the baptism of William & Sarah Hellier's eldest daughter, Sarah Hellier, born about 1838. (Sarah hadn't appeared in the censuses with her family because she was living with her grandmother, my 4 x great-grandmother, Elizabeth Hellier (nee Gale). I'd seen both grandmother and grand-daughter on the censuses before but I wasn't absolutely certain this was indeed my family. This extra information has confirmed the link.)
- Added burial details with notes for Amos Hibbitt & Mahala Hibbitt (nee Newbold), plus for Charles Newbold Hibbitt & Mary Ann Hibbitt (nee Pitcher) and William Amos Hibbitt.
- Also added the marriage of William Amos Hibbitt to Mary Ann Day in All Saint's Church, Hockley, Birmingham. They married in the same church as William's brother, Alfred, but about a week later.
- Added the name of George Day, Mary Ann Day's father.
Resources > Family Tree Reports section
Updated the report for the 'Ancestors of William Hellyer Geake'.
[Note: All content on the Hibbitt & Barnes Family History website and blog is copyrighted. Click here for conditions of use.]
Category: What's New at Hibbitt.org.uk